Set on Kemp Town seafront this stunning apartment arranged over four floors looks directly out to sea.
Arundel Terrace is one of the most prestigious locations in both Kemp Town and Brighton. With only a couple of freeholds on the terrace left, this is a very rare opportunity to own part of Brighton's history. This magnificent Grade I listed Regency mansion is set just back from the seafront. The views along the coast to the East and West are truly spectacular and provide the best Brighton has to offer. The house is currently arranged as an upper maisonette with a ground floor flat and a lower ground floor flat. The ground floor flat could easily be incorporated into the main house, offering even more living space. The house has 5 bedrooms, a large roof terrace, front and rear patios, 4 reception rooms. A tunnel leads under the house and provides fantastic storage space. There is of course full access to the private residents gardens known as the Kemp Town Enclosures.
Impressive hallway with a Welsh slate floor. Double doors to the maisonette with an Italianate wrought iron screen above. Door to the ground floor apartment.
A delightful bright room with two sash windows to the side, a bath with a shower over, low level WC. Space and plumbing for a washing machine. Downlighters. Tiled flooring and a radiator.
1st Floor Landing
Wall mounted door entry phone system. Wonderful turned staircase and a window to the rear.
Drawing Room 21' 7" x 14' 3" ( 6.58m x 4.34m )
This sumptuous room spans the full width of the property. The three floor to ceiling French windows have working original shutters. Step through these onto the balcony to fully appreciate the direct sea views. The high ceilings, original Regency cornicing and ceiling rose, deep skirting boards and marble fire place add to the sense of occasion.
Dining Room 14' 2" x 12' 11" ( 4.32m x 3.94m )
Approached via double doors from the drawing room or from the first floor hallway this has a large sash window to the rear, once again with working shutters.
Second Floor Landing
Door entry phone system. Under stairs storage cupboard and downlighters.
With a large sash window and a discreet WC at the end.
Low level WC and a vanity unit wash hand basin.
Kitchen 14' 5" x 13' ( 4.39m x 3.96m )
Original wooden floorboards, fire place, wooden work surfaces, 1 1/4 bowl sink. Matching wall, base and display units. Space for a fridge/freezer and an integrated dish washer. Edwardian built in cupboards, servants bells and speaking tubes.
Study / Living Room 22' 8" x 14' 6" ( 6.91m x 4.42m )
The views are once again exceptional. There is a marble fire place and three south facing sash windows with views of the decorative capitals of the Corinthian columns. One area has a raised floor level to take full advantage of the view.
Master Bedroom 21' 11" x 10' 1" ( 6.68m x 3.07m )
With 3 sash windows facing south to the front. A well appointed walk in wardrobe provides ample hanging and storage space. Attractive London arch. The bed area has been raised to offer views out to sea.
Bedroom 12' 11" x 12' 6" ( 3.94m x 3.81m )
Set to the rear of the house this room has lovely inland views across rooftops to the Downs through the sash windows. Feature fire place.
Luxurious bathroom with a double ended bath, walk in shower cubicle with an oversized drench style shower head. Low level WC. Pedestal Wash hand basin. Two ladder style towel rails. Sash window to the rear with working shutters and rooftop views.
Bedroom 16' 11" x 14' 11" ( 5.16m x 4.55m )
An amazing room set at the top of the house. This must be one of the nicest bedrooms in Brighton with stunning sea views to the front and two further windows to the rear offering inland views to the Racecourse and the Downs. There is a walk in wardrobe providing ample hanging and storage space and there is potential to extend this room to the rear. A step leads through French doors to the :
Roof Terrace 23' 3" x 7' 9" ( 7.09m x 2.36m )
A large very private roof terrace on Kemp Town seafront with spectacular views along the coast to Rottingdean in the east and the Isle Of Wight to the west. Large enough for tables and chairs and sun loungers, this is an amazing space.
With a skylight over. There is a shower area screened from the bedroom as well as a low level WC and a wash hand basin.
Kemp Town Enclosures
These renowned enclosures offer six acres of private, landscaped gardens. Only the residents of Sussex Square, Lewes Crescent, Arundel Terrace and Chichester Terrace have access. The enclosures are located in the East Cliff conservation area, which was constructed in the early 19th Century, and is located within ¼ mile of Brighton Marina. The layout has been designed to offer sheltered mature planting, open grass spaces, barbecue area and uniquely a private tunnel leading down to the esplanade & Brighton Beach, and it is believed that the passage gave Lewis Carroll the idea for the rabbit hole in 'Alice in Wonderland' while he was a resident there.
It would be also be possible to purchase both the ground and lower ground floor flats which are currently tenanted bringing in an annual income of £21500.
Lease details are currently being compiled. For further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.