12 Lansdown Place East is a fine Georgian town house, forming part of an impressive ensemble of houses designed by John Palmer between 1789 and 1793. There are a wealth of original features and due to its elevated position fine views across the city are available.
Purchased in 2007 by the present owner a gradual scheme of improvements has been undertaken. These works include a new roof with high grade lead flashings and gulleys, new hardwood sash windows with Ventrolla style draught excluders, a new gas fired central heating system with two boilers and a complete re-wire.
The fine ceiling cornices have been restored and many Georgian doors and door locks have been sourced and fitted to complement the original joinery, stone and wood floors and fireplaces. The elegant rooms are arranged over five floors. Of benefit is the arrangement of the kitchen and dining room on the ground floor with access to the pretty rear garden on the same level. The lower ground floor offers a large versatile space with direct access from the front external stairwell, allowing for office or self-contained apartment, with access to the wine cellar and large vaults to the front.
Situated on the northern slopes of Bath the elevated position provides for far reaching southerly views across the city to the open countryside beyond. It links to Lansdown Crescent, one of finest Georgian Crescents in Bath, fronted by a field where sheep frequently graze. The property is ideally located for Kingswood School, The Royal High School for Girls and St Stephens Primary School. The City of Bath and all it has to offer is laid out before the property and has a wealth of cultural, recreational and leisure facilities including a mainline railway station and two universities. Road access is excellent with good access to the M4 at junction 18.