This amazing apartment in Lewes Crescent is arranged over 2 floors (1st & 2nd) and offers stunning views over the Kemp Town Enclosures to the sea. With 4 bedrooms and a 31' drawing room which opens to the full width balcony. This could be one of the very best flats in Kemp Town.
Brighton is one of England's most exciting seafront cities, having many waterside bars and continental style cafes. Boasting elegant seafront regency squares and terraces aligning to the seafront promenade. The Royal Pavilion with a traditional Asian influenced exterior merged with an Oriental interior is located within 1 mile, as is Brighton Marina, which offer extensive shopping, eating and leisure facilities to include multi-screen cinema complex, bowl-plex, asda superstore and casino. Kemp Town itself has a thriving cosmopolitan atmosphere surrounding St George's Road, being the heart of the Kemp Town Village. The comprehensive shopping mall at Churchill Square and surrounding shopping facilities situated within Brighton city centre are easily accessible as is the London to Brighton Road, the A23. Local bus routes can be found on the seafront road offering transport to Brighton centre and areas beyond.
Stairs To First Floor
Wide hallway. Detailed coving. Deep skirting boards and a radiator. Door entry phone system.
Drawing Room 29' 6" max into bay x 18' ( 8.99m max into bay x 5.49m )
It is a spectacular room. 7 Lewes Crescent is wider than the average properties in Lewes Crescent and this is reflected in the drawing room which is of magnificent proportions. What is really significant is that it has one of the best views of the enclosures and the sea together. In addition to the original cornicing it retains an original handprinted fireplace. All of the windows have original wooden shutters
Dining Room/bedroom 4 19' 5" x 13' 9" ( 5.92m x 4.19m )
Two full height sash windows to the rear with original wooden shutters. Original fireplace. Folk detailed ornate rose. Blocked off double doorway into the living room. A working dumb waiter. (Possible future kitchen.) wooden window seats which also serve as small cupboards.
Stairs To 2nd Floor
With a coved ceiling, a radiator and a door entry phone system.
Master Bedroom 16' 6" x 14' 8" ( 5.03m x 4.47m )
Two sash windows to the front with amazing views. Built in wardrobes. Radiator. Door to en-suite shower room.
Walk in shower cubicle. Low level WC. Pedestal wash hand basin and part tiled walls.
Bedroom 2 14' 7" x 11' 6" ( 4.45m x 3.51m )
Sash window to the front with lovely views. Fitted wardrobes with ample hanging and storage space. Built in wash handbasin unit. Fireplace. Simple ceiling coving. Radiator. Door to the master bedroom giving the opportunity for this room to be a large dressing room. The view from this window is beautiful - including the harbour and sailing boats.
Bedroom 3 13' 10" x 11' 3" ( 4.22m x 3.43m )
High hung sash window to the rear. Simple ceiling coving. Built in bedroom furniture. Built in wash handbasin.
Kitchen/bedroom 4 17' 6" max x 11' 8" ( 5.33m max x 3.56m )
Fitted with matching wall and base units. Space and plumbing for a dishwasher. 4 ring gas hob with oven under. Tiled splash backs. Casement window to the rear with luvered shutters. Built in cupboards. Dumb waiter to 1st floor. (Possible bedroom 4 after rearranging.). The kitchen needs modernizing.
Low level WC and a window to the rear.
White bath. Frosted window to the side. Pedestal wash hand basin and a radiator.
Kemp Town Enclosures.
These renowned enclosures offer six acres of private, landscaped gardens. Only the residents of Sussex Square, Lewes Crescent, Arundel Terrace and Chichester Terrace have access. The enclosures are located in the East Cliff conservation area, which was constructed in the early 19th Century, and is located within ¼ mile of Brighton Marina. The layout has been designed to offer sheltered mature planting, open grass spaces, barbecue area and uniquely a private tunnel leading down to the esplanade & Brighton Beach, and it is believed that the passage gave Lewis Carroll the idea for the rabbit hole in 'Alice in Wonderland' while he was a resident there.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a flat that retains the original features of the house, with significant scope to transform it into a truly stunning residence.
Lease details are currently being compiled. For further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.