Woodhill is a magnificent Victorian gentleman’s residence dating back to 1873 which has been skilfully renovated and restored by the current owners to the very highest standards. There is over 6,400 square feet of living accommodation on offer; the principle reception rooms including the orangery wrap round the house and all enjoy glorious views over the restored gardens to the open countryside beyond.
This property could not be better situated, nestled in lawned grounds of approximately 5.5 acres there is a splendid feeling of isolation and seclusion with the approach up a long sweeping driveway leading to garaging for four cars and plenty of parking. Offering a high degree of flexibility there is also a detached two-bedroom cottage within the grounds with separate access away from the main house.
In addition, there is a substantial stone-built workshop and vehicle garage, in keeping with the surroundings, with three phase power, mains water and soil waste water connection for toilet/kitchen facilities complete with large sectional electric doors for access.
While being apparently isolated it is very close to both Leeds and Bradford and as such it is well connected for commuter links.
Leeds Bradford International Airport: 5.5 miles
New Pudsey Train Station: 2 miles
Kirkstall Forge Train Station: 3 miles
Horsforth train Station: 3.5 miles
Leeds Train Station: 8.5 miles
London Kings Cross: 2h16m direct train from Leeds, 2h 39m direct train from Horsforth
The independent schools of Bronte House and Woodhouse Grove, both ranked 'Excellent' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate are a short car journey away. Bradford Grammar School is also within easy reach, as well as Benton Park and Horsforth School. The village has two local primary schools, Calverley Church of England and Calverley Parkside. The school buses run through the village, making this a perfectly placed family home.
The living accommodation on offer in brief:
• Magnificent entrance hall with art deco staircase leading off to a galleried landing with beautiful full height picture window.
• Large breakfast kitchen including bespoke kitchen cupboards, granite work surfaces, dual Siemens ovens, induction hob, integral microwave and American fridge freezer. The breakfast area holds an oval solid oak table and matching bench seating which fits neatly into the bay window. Adjoining the kitchen is a separate matching walk-in pantry.
• Off the hallway there is a substantial cloak room, home office, toilet, utility room and excellent orangery.
• The reception rooms comprise of; dining room with south facing bay fronted sash window and built in Mouseman cupboards, family room with oak panelling and stone fireplace with wood burning stove, and the drawing room with dual aspect windows and art deco fireplace.
• To the first floor there are four well-proportioned double bedrooms, two of which have ensuite shower rooms, the house bathroom, linen cupboard and an additional bedroom, dressing room or nursery.
• There is a full-size very usable cellar accessed from the entrance hall comprising of five separate rooms.
Mains water, electricity and gas are connected to the property. The property is equipped with gas fired central heating system with modern energy efficient boilers. Most rooms are individually temperature controlled by computer, substantially reducing energy consumption.